DJ Citi Lyts has released 3 hit singles like “Washa”, “Shililiza” and the current hit “Vura”. Check Out 10 Things You Don’t Know About DJ Citi Lyts.
1. It was a studio-chill-session and car-talk that inspired the third single “Vura” Ft Sjava and Saudi. Behind the production are Lunatik, Ruff and Bizz Boy. Paying homage to VR6, one can clearly hear the revving and roaring sounds of a VR6 engine integrated into this massive hit.
2. Washa became one of the biggest hip-hop songs in SA December 2015 and racked within the top-5 on the SA Top 100 charts “new-years-eve” countdown.
3. Citi Lyts has previously been a DJ for Pro-Kid and Emtee Da Hustler.
4 Soweto brewed hip-hop DJ & rapper’s real name is Sandile Nkululeko Mkhize
5. City Lyts discovered his love for rap music at Yeoville Primary School as he participated in school activities such as Hip Hop & Pantsula dance groups and also partaking in the school choir.
6. In high school, he formeda hip-hop group called “Flipside”. The group kicked off his career with performances at club events such as BlackOrchard and Club Keys.
7. Citi Lyts first opportunity to DJ was when met hip-hop artist F Eezy and worked with him as a DJ and hype man.
8. He later went on to work with his brother Pro-Kid which assisted in further building on his skills as a DJ.
9. It was his music circle of friends that led him to meet and work with the producer behind SA biggest song
“Roll-up”, – “Ruff” and the award-winning artist Emtee Da Hustler -, that his career shot-up to stardom as one of SA DJ’s to watch-out for in 2016.
10. DJ Citi Lyts has released 3 hit singles since signing to Ambitious Entertainment as follows: “Washa” featuring Emtee and Fifi Cooper, “Shililiza” and the current hit “Vura”.