The American rapper and producer from Atlanta, Georgia who is signed to Interscope Records, Kristopher Campbell goes by the stage name of K Camp was born on 27 April 1990. The American biweekly magazine, Rolling Stone recognized him as one of the “New Artist You Need To Know”. He received two nominations at the 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards for his hit single, Cut her Off. He has ever since gone on to release hit after hit while collaborating with prominent artists. There is no doubt the 26 years old Atlanta born producer and rapper is definitely a act to look out for in the music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Atlanta rapper and producer, K Camp:
1. The American rapper K Camp was born by the name of Kristopher Campbell on 27 April 1990 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
2. His family introduced him to music at an early age by performing in high school as part of a group called Head Busser Clique.
3. Prior to his prominence, K Camp was performing at open mic contests which were frequented by artists like Waka Flocka Flame.
4. He mentioned in an interview artists like Tupac Shakur, Andre 3000 and The Notorious BIG as his biggest musical influences.
5. His hit single “Cut Her Off” was nominated at the 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards for Track of the Year and Best Club Banger.
6. In 2014, five of his singles topped the Billboard Twitter Real-Time Survey, which was more than any other artist for that year.
7. He was chosen as part of the XXL Magazine 2015 Freshman Class alongside numerous new artists.
8. He was also recognized by Rolling Stone as a “New Artist You Need To Know.”
9. He has collaborated with prominent artists like T.I, 2 Chainz, Snoop Dogg and Jeremiah to name a few.
10. His single “Only Way Is Up” was released in 2015 and was recognized by SPIN as one of the 50 Best Hip Hop Albums of 2015.