The American rapper from Washington D.C, Shy Glizzy was born with the name of Marquis Amonte King on 12 December 1992. The Washington rapper is known for his unique beats and hit single “Awesome” which topped many music charts nationwide. He was also chosen as part of the XXL Magazine 2015 Freshman Class. He was featured on the American magazine, Complex as one of the “10 New DMV Rappers To Watch Out For”. There is no doubt that the 23-years-old Southeast rapper is definitely a act to watch out for in the music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Awesome crooner, Shy Glizzy:
1. Shy Glizzy was born as Marquis Amonte King on 12 December 1992 in Washington D.C.
2. He was also chosen as part of the XXL Magazine 2015 Freshman Class.
3. He was featured on the American magazine, Complex as one of the “10 New DMV Rappers To Watch Out For”.
4. On his 20th birthday, he released his mixtape “Fxck Rap” and the tape was described as “an appealingly eager tape” by the New York based magazine, The Fader.
5. He has collaborated with prominent artist like Trindad James, Yo Gotti, 2 Chainz and A$AP Rocky to name a few.
6. His hit single titled “Awesome” turned into the biggest song of Glizzy’s young career and helped him to be recognized in the music industry.
7. The hit single spawned a remix which featured 2 Chainz and A$AP Rocky that grabbed more than 750 000 streams on Soundcloud in the first week it dropped.
8. He mentioned in an interview that the American rapper, Birdman inspired him to get in the studio with Boosie Badazz.
9. He signed a record deal contract with Glizzy Gang Records.
10. His genre of music has been classified as hip hop music.