She has been praised for her storytelling ability, the 21-years-old American rapper and singer-songwriter, Tink was born as Trinity Home on 18 March 1995 in Calumet City, Illinois. At age 16, she and her brother posted a clip of her freestyling over Clipse’s “Grindin” on Facebook and received local buzz. She was also chosen as part of the XXL 2015 Freshman Class. Her music has also taken on issues like female empowerment and Black Lives Matter movement. There is no doubt that the versatile 21-years-old rapper and singer-songwriter is definitely a act to look out for in the music industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the versatile and talented singer-songwriter, Tink:
1. Tink was born as Trinity Home on 18 March 1995 in Calumet City, Illinois.
2. She began singing in the local church choir when she was five years old and began writing songs at the age of 11.
3. She attended high school at Chicago’s Simeon Career Academy where she participated in talent shows and joined the school choir.
4. She began rapping and recording music in her father’s basement studio at the age of 15.
5. Since 2012, she has released seven mixtapes and is due to release her debut studio album in 2016.
6. Her 2014 mixtape “winter’s Diary 2: Forever Yours”, was featured as a top 10 R&B album in both Rolling Stone and Billboard magazines.
7. In January 2014, she appeared in the Worldstar Hip Hop documentary showcasing Chicago’s burgeoning Hip Hop scene entitled “The Field: Chicago”.
8. She was also chosen as part of the XXL 2015 Freshman Class.
9. She has collaborated with prominent artists like Timberland, Rick Ross, Jay Z and Future Brown to mention a few.
10. Her music has also taken on issues like female empowerment and Black Lives Matter movement.