10 Things You Never Knew About Yanga! Yanga is a legitimate example of how hard work, perseverance and patience can pay off.
The rapper has gone through ups and downs whilst working on his music career. He started working for Slikour at Ventilation as the website administrator for free whilst he was still studying at the University of Johannesburg and has been working his way through the music industry since.
Here are 10 facts about Yanga that you never knew:
1 Yanga was born and raised in Queenstown in the Eastern Cape.
2. The rapper attended the University Of Johannesburg with the assistance of NSFAS.
3. Started out as a videographer shooting some of SA Hip Hop’s most iconic videos like Kwesta’s Boom Shakalaka and AKA’s Kontrol.
4. Yanga was once evicted from his apartment after failing to pay rent for 3 months and lived with friends and relatives whilst trying to get back on his feet.
5. He was first signed to Vth Season and left in 2016 before signing to Da L.E.S’s F2D which he left in 2017.
6. Utatakho was his first number 1 hit single which was released in October 2018.
7. He released his second project “Becoming A Pop Star” on 18 October 2019 after “Neighborhood Genius” in 2017.
8. Yanga has his own record label called Young Legend Music which he started whilst he was still at Fresh 2 Def Entertainment.
9. He got his first major record by being featured on AKA’s Run Jozi after AKA had heard his verse on Maraza’s Alumni.
10. Yanga has helped several artists with writing songs in the SA Hip Hop industry even writing the hook for JR’s Make The Circle Bigger hit single.