The self-proclaimed king of African Hip Hop is one of the most prominent rappers in the country and has been dropping the hottest records for a while now. The rapper who grew up in a township in Jo’burg called Kahlehong has made it to the top of the game so here is a top 10 list of things you didn’t know about him:
1. Kwesta initially started reciting poems on beats before becoming a rapper.
2. Kwesta does not pop bottles, he only drinks beer.
3. DaKAR stands for Da King of African Rap.
4. The rapper from Kahlehong was mentored by Skwatta Kamp.
5. Kwesta’s first album was titled Special ReKwest.
6. The King Of African Rap is trying to bridge the racial divide by giving the township perspective to an audience that was raised to fear the hood.
7. Industry acceptance is not Dakar’s goal.
8. Kwestas goal is to make people feel the need to step their game up when they listen to his rhymes.
9. His real name is Senzo Vilakazi.
10. Kwesta was first signed to Buda Bing Entertainment in 2007.