10 Things You Didn’t Know About Boity! Boitumelo Thulo who is famously known as Boity is one of the biggest female celebrities in South Africa.
She was born and raised in Potchefstroom, in the North West province of South Africa. The rapper was raised by her maternal grandmother and mother. She claimed that she had an absentee father on her verse on the Utatakho Remix.
Boity was born on the 28th of April in 1990 and will be turning 30 years of age in 2020. According to the rapper, 2019 has been her best year yet which is also a year after she launched her rap career. The rapper is the 2nd female celebrity to switch from TV to rapping after Nomuzi Mabena aka Moozlie.
Check Out 10 things you never knew about Boity below.
1. Boity studied Psychology and Criminology at Monash University where she later dropped out because her parents were not able to pay for her fees which came as a blessing in disguise allowing her to pursue a career in being a TV personality.
2. First female rapper to have a single reach platinum status with her debut single Wuzdat.
3. She has always been into rap music but was encouraged by Nasty C to start rapping.
4. The rapper is a charitable human being who often helps random strangers out of the kindness of her heart
5. Boity started out as a Television personality and manoeuvred into different industries like acting, business, modelling and now rap music.
6. She received a calling to be a Sangoma who is rather proud of her roots and heritage.
7. Being a mogul in the entertainment industry, Boity has bagged numerous endorsement deals over the years including Moet and collaborated with Sissy boy jeans.
8. Involved in an on and off relationship with her ex boyfriend Cassper Nyovest who she first dated when she was still 16 and 19 years old. They broke up in 2015 which she announced to the press and Cassper claimed not to have known about it at the time
9. Boity is the only female rapper who has her own fragrance line with a major company Impulse and also has her own body toning company which she launched in 2018.
10. Boity’s biggest fear is being booed off stage.